CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1242180
Date first listed:
13-Oct-1966
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, MELTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1242180.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2020 at 10:17:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, MELTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Nottinghamshire
District:
Rushcliffe (District Authority)
Parish:
Rempstone
National Grid Reference:
SK 57531 24503

Details

REMPSTONE MELTON ROAD SK 52 SE (north side) 8/65 Church of All Saints 13.lO.66 G.V. II Parish church. 1771, consecrated 1773. Dressed coursed rubble with ashlar dressings and quoins. Slate roof. Parapets with gabled and coped east end. A band extends under the parapet forming a pediment at the east end. The south side is on a shallow plinth. Tower and nave with apsidal east end. Embattled tower with 4 crocketed pinnacles of 4 stages with bands. The south side has a doorway with 6 fielded panel door and flush ashlar quoin surround. South and west sides have at the second stage single semi-circular fixed lights with Gibbs style surrounds, over that on the south side is an ashlar plaque inscribed "Built in 1771". Above is a single circular fixed light with raised ashlar surround and 4 keystones. In the west side is a single small rectangular light. The 4 arched bell chamber openings each have raised ashlar surrounds. The north wall has 3 round arched casements with Gibbs style surrounds. The apsidal east end has a single arched fixed light flanked by single rectangular fixed lights all with Gibbs style surrounds. There is a continuous sill band and cornice. The south wall has 2 windows similar to those of the north wall. to the left is a doorway with 6 fielded panel door, chamfered rusticated surround and pendant keystone. Above is a single semi-circular window similar to those of the tower. To the left and mounted onto the wall is a single slate headstone to George Goodman, 1695. Interior with basket arch to apse has moulded continuous hood mould to all but the west wall with gilt decorated label stops. Moulded cornice. C18 panelled reredos, pulpit and reading desk and altar rails. Box pews, including squire's and parson's pews, C19. West gallery supported on 2 columns and with decoratively carved panels. Octagonal ashlar font with inner C18 bowl. Single C18 Royal Arms. Benefactions board in the tower. C19 memorials by J. Bacon, London, S. Pratt & Co., Nott, and Hull of Loughborough.

Listing NGR: SK5753124503

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
441551
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 May 2007
Reference: IOE01/16448/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Jefferson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].