THE HOLLIES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1253041

Date first listed: 01-Nov-1993

Statutory Address: THE HOLLIES, 3, LEE TERRACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE HOLLIES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253041 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 20:39:00.

Location

Statutory Address: THE HOLLIES, 3, LEE TERRACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Lewisham (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 39134 75730

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added:

BLACKHEATH LEE TERRACE TQ 3975 (north side) 779-/15/10015 No. 3 (The Hollies)

GV II

Detached villa. One of a surviving pair from a group of 4 built 1825-6 by the architect George Ledwell Taylor (1780-1873) and this one built for his own use and occupied by his family until 1836. Extended to the east and rear porch of c1890. Cement rendered over brick with incised lines to imitate masonry. Slate roof. Original building of 2 storeys attics and basement 3 windows with 1 storey 1 bay addition to east in matching style. Original building south front has full-width pediment with projecting wooden cornice, curved acroterion to apex and lunette with 6-pane sash and curved panel below. First floor has three 6-pane sashes with moulded wooden architraves with feet. Ground floor windows are taller sashes with marginal glazing with curved pediments with brackets. Central porch with round-headed arch with impost blocks and open pediment with paired brackets. Original half-glazed door with decorative panels, sidelights and guilloche moulding to frieze. Original cast iron security cages to front area. To east is 2 storey addition of c1890 with 6-pane sash to lst floor, ground floor boarded up at time of survey. To west is 1 storey addition with slate roof and C20 garage doors and attached 2 storey stock brick coach house. Rear elevation has open pediment with similar lunette window but without the decoration. Six-pane sashes to lst floor have curved heads. Ground floor windows boarded up at time of survey. Central multi-coloured rendered porch of c1890 with hipped tiled roof. First floor has paired round-headed window and ground floor round-headed arched entrance with sidelights. Interior has original staircase with square stick balusterg and mahogany handrail. Ground floor windows retain internal shutters. Ground floor room has original wooden fireplace with round-headed arch with keystone. First floor windows retain panelling below. Attic room retains early C19 basket grate. Basement retains original fire surround.

Listing NGR: TQ3913475730

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 436182

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing