This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PARK HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PARK HOUSE

List entry Number: 1253538

Location

PARK HOUSE, HYDE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Montacute

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Oct-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 436768

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST4917 MONTACUTE CP HYDE ROAD (East side) 7/136 Park House - - II (The Vicarage on O.S. Map). Formerly a vicarage, now private house. 1828. Ham stone ashlar; hipped Welsh slate roof, stone slab chimney stacks. In a villa style; 2 storeys, 3 x 3 bays. Plinth, band course; sash windows in plain surrounds, 12-pane above and deep 15-pane below; to lower bay 2 of south elevation a blind panel with fluted stone surround and simple moulded hood, the ashlar within chased to resemble a panelled door; entrance in centre bay of east side, having semi-circular arched doorway with reeded architrave, and wrot-iron railings to the approach steps. Attached to north the former stables and gig house. Interior not seen. Built to replace No. 43 Bishopston (q.v) as the vicarage in 1828. (VOL Vol III, 1974).

Listing NGR: ST4964717392

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Somerset, (1974)

National Grid Reference: ST 49647 17392

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253538 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Sep-2018 at 05:38:17.

End of official listing