BLOXHOLM HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1254111

Date first listed: 23-Nov-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: BLOXHOLM HALL FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BLOXHOLM HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254111 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 03:40:09.

Location

Statutory Address: BLOXHOLM HALL FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven (District Authority)

Parish: Ashby De La Launde and Bloxholm

National Grid Reference: TF 06369 53857

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ASHBY DE LA LAUNDE MAIN STREET: Bloxholm TF 05 SE AND BLOXHOLM (west side) 4/13 Bloxholm Hall Farmhouse 23.11.51 (formerly listed as west wing of Bloxholm Hall and detached stables) GV II Country house, now farmhouse. 1707 and 1827 designed by Lewis Vulliamy, with C20 alterations. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings. Slate roofs, with a single ashlar coped gable. 3 gable and 2 lateral stacks, of various designs. Ashlar quoins. Ground and first floor bands. 2 storey plus attics. 3 bay east front, has central C20 glazed doorway with overlight, to the right a C20, 4 light square bay window, to the left a pair of C20 glazed double doors. Above a central C20, 2 light casement, with taller single C20, 2 light casements either side. Above in the central small gable, a 2 light casement, plus inscrip- tion, G.M.1827. Either side are single 2 light wooden gable dormers. To the south a slightly projecting, tall 2 storey tower, with rusticated quoins and moulded bands. Each floor has a single round arched moulded ashlar opening, the whole topped with a parapet and a small square lantern. Beyond to the south, a single storey wing, articulated with round-headed blind openings with moulded ashlar surrounds, linked by an impost band. This wing is now in a very dilapi- dated state. Originally it adjoined the former house, and a small section of the walling and the jamb of one of the original, upper cross mullion windows survives. To the north a single storey link, with a C20, 3 light casement, joins the house to a square outbuilding, with 3 blind openings with round arched louvred openings above, linked by an impost band and with moulded ashlar surrounds. The building is topped with a hipped slate roof with a square louvred lantern. A arched wall joins the north west corner of this outbuilding to the rear wing of the house. This rear wing has a 2 bay west front, with 2 moulded, round headed blind arches, linked by a moulded impost band. Above 2 wooden cross casements with glazing bars, in moulded ashlar surrounds, linked by a cill band. Above a simple moulded ashlar cornice, and a single ashlar dormer, with 2 light glazing bar casements with scroll bracket jambs and a pedi- ment. To the south an ashlar wall, with a fine ashlar archway leading into the former service courtyard. This archway has rusticated ashlar piers, a moulded impost band, a large moulded, round arch, with double keystone and above a moulded ashlar cornice and the remnants of a parapet. This building was originally the north service wing of Bloxholm Hall, built 1707 for Septimus Ciprian Thornton, enlarged 1772 and again in 1827 for George Manners by Lewis Vulliamy. The hall was largely demolished c1960.

Listing NGR: TF0636953857

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 437444

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing