YATE'S WINE LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1254554

Date first listed: 10-Apr-1984

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Nov-1995

Statutory Address: YATE'S WINE LODGE, 49, LONG ROW WEST

Map

Ordnance survey map of YATE'S WINE LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254554 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 20:35:35.

Location

Statutory Address: YATE'S WINE LODGE, 49, LONG ROW WEST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Nottingham (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 57095 39947

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NOTTINGHAM

SK5739NW LONG ROW WEST 646-1/20/341 (North side) 10/04/84 No.49 Yates's Wine Lodge (Formerly Listed as: LONG ROW WEST The Talbot (Yates Wine Lodge))

GV II

Public house. 1876, with late C20 alterations. Stucco with part glazed slate roof. 2 storeys; 5 window range. The front is mainly covered by a balcony carried on 4 round cast-iron columns and enclosed by a late C20 glazed canopy. On the balcony, 5 French windows with overlights, the right one with original glazed double doors, divided by Ionic pilasters with dice, all under an entablature. Above the canopy, a shaped gable containing a round-arched window with the inscription "The Talbot established 1580" around the head. On either side, a balustrade with 4 busts on pedestals. Under the balcony, 4 half-glazed double doors divided by rusticated Doric pilasters. To right, an original 6-panel double door flanked by Doric columns with dice. INTERIOR has a rectangular gallery carried on round cast-iron columns. Ground floor has anaglypta wainscot, frieze and ceiling, and moulded cornice and beams. Wall mirrors divided by pilasters. On the right, a panelled wooden bar with tile inserts, running the length of the room. To its right, C20 double doors to the front gallery stairs. At the rear, a wooden staircase with cast-iron balustrade. On the first floor, a cast-iron balustrade to the gallery, with wooden capping. Double purlin wooden roof, 8 bays, with iron arch braces and turned king posts. Panelled ceiling with lincrusta borders, the 4 bays towards the rear glazed to the ridge. Panelled walls with fretwork frieze and mirrors. At the rear, an elliptical arched opening to the rear bar. To its right, a massive clock in a glazed mahogany case, with the dial in a shaped gable. Rear bar has segmental blind arches on 3 sides, a replica doorway with pediment, moulded cornice and boss. The basement is noted to contain a bar with most of its original panelling and a roof carried on square pillars. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Nottinghamshire: London: 1979-: 229).

Listing NGR: SK5709539947

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 457458

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Williamson, E, The Buildings of England: Nottinghamshire, (1979), 229

End of official listing