BASE OF PIER AT LENTON PRIORY RUINS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255056
Date first listed:
11-Aug-1952
Statutory Address:
BASE OF PIER AT LENTON PRIORY RUINS, PRIORY STREET

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255056.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 07-Dec-2021 at 23:54:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
BASE OF PIER AT LENTON PRIORY RUINS, PRIORY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Nottingham (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
SK5529038720

Details

SK53NE 646-1/7/505 11/08/52

NOTTINGHAM PRIORY STREET, Lenton (North side) Base of pier at Lenton Priory ruins

II

Formerly known as: Priory Ruins PRIORY STREET Lenton. Base of the easterly pier of the ambulatory of the church of Lenton Priory. 1102-08, for William Peverel. Round ashlar column with chamfered base and rubble core. Approx 1m high. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Nottinghamshire: London: 1979-: 253).

Listing NGR: SK5529038720

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
458503
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Williamson, E, The Buildings of England: Nottinghamshire, (1979), 253

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Mar 2005
Reference: IOE01/13028/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Eric Ritchie. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.