NEW ALBION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255210

Date first listed: 30-Nov-1995

Statutory Address: NEW ALBION, 62A, SNEINTON ROAD, NOTTINGHAM, NG2 4QH

Map

Ordnance survey map of NEW ALBION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255210 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 00:06:25.

Location

Statutory Address: NEW ALBION, 62A, SNEINTON ROAD, NOTTINGHAM, NG2 4QH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Nottingham (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 58213 39784

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 14/03/2017

SK53NE 646-1/7/558

NOTTINGHAM SNEINTON ROAD (South side) No. 62A, New Albion

(Formerly listed as Albion Night Shelter, SNEINTON ROAD)

II

Formerly known as: Albion United Reformed Church SNEINTON ROAD.

Former United Reformed Church. Dated 1856. Designed by architect Thomas Oliver junior of Sunderland. The contractor was Mr Smith of Woolpack Lane, and the Clerk of Works was William Booker of Nottingham. Enlarged 1904. Ashlar and red brick, with concrete tile roof. Classical style. Plinth, entablature, parapet with balustrade panels. Bays are divided by fluted Ionic pilasters. Two storeys; 3 x 5 bays. Entrance front has a pediment topped with a corniced pedestal. Tall round-arched central recess with a triple doorway. Above, an entablature and sham balustrade, and a single window. Side bays have a single window on each floor, those to the ground floor flat-headed. Returns have regular fenestration in the same style. At the rear, a lower addition, 1904, brick, two storeys, with two round-arched ground floor windows.

INTERIOR: rendered. Floor inserted at balcony level, with concrete staircase at west end. Arcades, five bays, with moulded round arches on slender cast-iron Corinthian columns. Segmental plaster vault with moulded cornice. At the east end, a moulded elliptical arch with pilasters to the similarly vaulted chancel. Aisles have stepped floors and flat ceilings with cornices. Round-arched recesses and stairs at the west ends. Ground floor, refitted as night shelter, has columns encased in concrete.

Listing NGR: SK5821339784

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 458856

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing