KIRKSTALL BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255850

Date first listed: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: KIRKSTALL BRIDGE, BRIDGE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of KIRKSTALL BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255850 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 13:45:11.

Location

Statutory Address: KIRKSTALL BRIDGE, BRIDGE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 25966 35571

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2535 BRIDGE ROAD 714-1/21/913 Kirkstall Bridge

GV II

Road bridge over River Aire. 1912, altered C20. By JA Mackay, City Engineer, for Leeds Corporation. Rusticated stone piers, cast-iron segmental arches and parapet railings to road deck. 3 arches span river, carrying roadway sloping up from east to west. Abutments have stone plaques with city coat of arms to river and vertical piercings with stone seat to road level; the vertical piercings repeated in the spandrels of the arches and parapet rails, the latter having pierced panels and raised circular motifs to handrail. Cast-iron plaque at east end of north side has raised lettering: 'CITY OF LEEDS/ KIRKSTALL BRIDGE/ THIS BRIDGE/ WAS ERECTED BY THE LEEDS CORPORATION/ AND OPENED TO TRAFFIC IN JUNE 1912/ IMPROVEMENTS COMMITTEE/ COUNCILLOR W. NICHOLSON J.P. LORD MAYOR/ ALDERMEN/ F.M.LUPTON J.P. (CHAIRMAN)/ A.F.L.HEPTON R.PICKERSGILL J.P./ COUNCILLORS/ W.GIBSON (DEPUTY CHAIRMAN) W.BAXTER/ D.B.FOSTER I.BRASSINGTON/ B.DICKINSON J.P. J.A.MACKAY/ A.J.EAGLE T.O.VAUSE/ W.T.LANCASHIRE M.INST./CITY ENGINEER/ H.ARNOLD AND SONS/ CONTRACTORS/ J.BUTLER AND CO /SUB CONTRACTORS (STEEL AND IRONWORK)'. Lamp posts added mid C20.



Listing NGR: SE2596635571

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465566

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing