This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE MUSTARD POT PUBLIC HOUSE AND RESTAURANT

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE MUSTARD POT PUBLIC HOUSE AND RESTAURANT

List entry Number: 1256000

Location

THE MUSTARD POT PUBLIC HOUSE AND RESTAURANT, 20, STAINBECK LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Leeds

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 19-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Sep-1996

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 465351

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE3037SW STAINBECK LANE, Chapel Allerton 714-1/54/602 (North side) 19/10/51 No.20 The Mustard Pot Public House and Restaurant (Formerly Listed as: STAINBECK LANE, Chapel Allerton (North side) Clough House)

II

House and workshops, now public house and restaurant. Early C18, altered C20. Red/brown hand-made brick in a random stretcher bond, ashlar details, stone slate roof. 2-storey house, right, has stone quoins, central C20 porch, doorway with moulded shouldered architrave, pediment, pulvinated frieze, fielded-panel door; sashes with glazing bars in flush wood frames, keyed flat arches; moulded eaves cornice, rebuilt tall corniced end and centre stacks. Former workshop range to left of 2 storeys and 5 windows has segmental-arched windows with flush wood frames and glazing bars. INTERIOR: replanned and refitted late C20 but 2 original mid C18 fireplaces survive: main room left (probably direct entry) has cyma-moulded stone surround and moulded eared and shouldered architrave above, surmounted by the coat of arms of the Henson family. The right room has similar but wider fireplace, moulded plaque, and set of early Delft tiles painted with small figures representing games, pastimes, discipline, costumes and churchmen. Moulded ceiling beams in these two rooms may be original. Originally Clough House, the style is similar to the merchant houses built in the town centre around 1700 and the range to left is a workshop or cloth finishing shop of that date.



Listing NGR: SE3036337087

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 30363 37087

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256000 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2018 at 09:43:54.

End of official listing