4 AND 6, SHIRE OAK ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256084

Date first listed: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: 4 AND 6, SHIRE OAK ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 4 AND 6, SHIRE OAK ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256084 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 13:38:27.

Location

Statutory Address: 4 AND 6, SHIRE OAK ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 28150 36051

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2836SW SHIRE OAK ROAD, Headingley 714-1/62/816 (South side) Nos.4 AND 6

II

Pair of semi-detached houses. 1893. By Francis Bedford. For James Bedford. Red brick, grey slate steeply pitched roof with attics, wide 5-window central bay and outer bays with full-height canted windows. Queen Anne Revival style. Central 2-panel door (No.4) with overlight in the form of a 3-light oriel with leaded panes, under a deep flat hood on scrolled iron brackets. Small-pane sash windows throughout, tall with segmental-arched head, 5 x 2 panes to ground floor and 4 x 2 panes above, all with moulded brick sills and brick apron panels. Brick dentilled eaves carried around outer bays as deep cornices with wooden balustrade, missing on left. Segmental pediments to 2 front dormers, tall square stacks to left and right, forward of ridge. Entrance to No.6 on left return, centre: 2-panel door, deep flat hood suspended on iron scrolled brackets, windows as front. Right return: a large bow window with wooden casements ground floor centre. INTERIOR: not inspected in detail; No.4 retains original panelled walls and moulded fire surround, panelled doors with ornate fittings in front room. One of the first buildings by Francis Bedford, the most important Leeds architect of this period (d.1904).



Listing NGR: SE2815036051

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465297

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing