WHITELEY MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1256147
Date first listed:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
WHITELEY MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARK, ST MARKS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WHITELEY MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256147.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2019 at 19:22:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
WHITELEY MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARK, ST MARKS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 29475 35180

Details

LEEDS

SE2935 ST MARK'S ROAD, Woodhouse Carr 714-1/24/1276 (North side (off)) Whiteley memorial approximately 10 metres west of Church of St Mark

GV II

Memorial. c1879. Ashlar and carved stone. Gothic Revival style. A stepped base, square plinth with inscription on E side, surmounted by an octagonal pillar with niche finial enclosed in a square traceried framework with quatrefoil columns and Gothic arches. Inscription commemorates Thomas Whiteley who died at Bagbie Lodge Leeds in 1879, and his wife.

Listing NGR: SE2947535180

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465222
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Mar 2005
Reference: IOE01/12328/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Krystyna Szulecka. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].