UNIVERSITY CAMPUS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256277

Date first listed: 05-Aug-1976

Statutory Address: UNIVERSITY CAMPUS, 13, 14 AND 15, BEECH GROVE TERRACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256277 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 03:03:32.

Location

Statutory Address: UNIVERSITY CAMPUS, 13, 14 AND 15, BEECH GROVE TERRACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 29420 34632

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2934NW BEECH GROVE TERRACE 714-1/71/1135 (North side) 05/08/76 University Campus Nos.13, 14 AND 15

II

Terrace of 3 houses, now the University of Leeds Dept of Applied Biology. 1825. By JS Morrish. For Julia Lyddon. Brick, Flemish bond, stone details, slate mansard roof. 3 storeys with attics and basement, 9 first-floor windows. Doorways below windows 3 and 9: semicircular fanlights, pilasters and entablatures. Sashes with glazing bars, some restored, flat brick arches, stone sills, first-floor sill band. Coping to gables and party walls which rise through the roof; narrow multi-flue stacks. The third entrance (window 6) is converted to a window. INTERIOR: not inspected. The terrace was originally called Preston Place and was one of the first terraces built in the area. (Beresford M: Walks Round Red Brick: Leeds University Press: 1980-).





Listing NGR: SE2942034632

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465080

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Beresford, M , Walks Round Red Brick, (1980)

End of official listing