TOWER COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256368

Date first listed: 16-Aug-1990

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: TOWER COURT, ARMLEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TOWER COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256368 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 17:15:23.

Location

Statutory Address: TOWER COURT, ARMLEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 27494 33733

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2733 ARMLEY ROAD 714-1/33/910 (North side) 16/08/90 Tower Court (Formerly Listed as: ARMLEY ROAD, Armley (North side) Armley Primary School)

II

Board school, now offices. 1878. Possibly by Richard Adams, architect to the Leeds School Board, 1873-83. Red brick, stone details to front, slate roof, ashlar blocking course, gable copings, 2 tall stacks to rear of central clock tower, lower end stacks and ball finials; ashlar quoins, rusticated to ground floor. 2 storeys, 13 bays, the outer pedimented entrance bays wider and slightly projecting, the central entrance bay similar and having a third storey with clock and cupola. In Italianate style: 8-panel double doors in Venetian surrounds with carved stone panels indicating boys', girls' and infants' entrances, the latter reduced to a window; keyed round arches to ground floor and clock tower third-floor windows, cross windows to first floor, oculi to pediments and left and right returns of clock tower. Extensive use of stone includes plinth, short attached columns flanking entrances, pilasters between windows, those to upper floor having Corinthian capitals, architraves, moulded first-floor and eaves bands, carved surround to clock face. Left and right returns of 3 bays, the pilasters in brick. INTERIOR: not inspected.





Listing NGR: SE2749433733

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464988

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing