NUNROYD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1256457

Date first listed: 14-Jun-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 22-May-1980

Statutory Address: 1, MILL MOUNT

Statutory Address: NUNROYD, 109, THE MOUNT

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUNROYD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1256457 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 16:18:11.

Location

Statutory Address: 1, MILL MOUNT

Statutory Address: NUNROYD, 109, THE MOUNT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: York (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 59448 51070

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YORK

SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1082 (South East side) 14/06/54 No.109 Nunroyd

GV II

Includes: No.1 MILL MOUNT. Two houses. Early C18 with possible C17 remains; altered 1815 and extended early C20. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys. The facade has three 5-sided 3-storey bay windows with flat leaded roofs. The left-hand bay window is a replica added in the early C20 when the house was extended. Each has tall glazing bar sashes of 4 over 4 panes, with sashes of 2 over 2 panes on the 2nd floor and with brickwork below sill level on each floor. The main front wall has 2 storey bands which are interrupted by the bay windows. At the far left there is an early C20 oriel window on both the ground and first floors. The doorway, between the 2nd and 3rd bay windows, has a pilaster doorcase with console brackets, a fluted frieze, frieze blocks with paterae, and a cornice. Immediately above there is a lead-covered timber cornice hood carried on timber brackets. The door has 6 raised and fielded panels and a rectangular overlight. Modillion timber cornice gutter, with lead rainwater hopper to left of left-hand bay window. Chimneys on left-hand gable, and on ridge between 1st and 2nd bays. The right-hand return wall, facing Mill Mount, is blank except for one central bay which has sashed windows on the ground and first floors and a casement window above. The ground-floor window has an external shutter with raised and fielded panels. To its right is the doorway to No.1 Mill Mount, which has a reeded pilaster doorcase, a door with 6 raised and fielded panels, and a plain overlight. The brickwork of this side wall shows evidence of more than one phase of construction. There are 2 string courses, with a 3rd string course below the lower one, interrupted by the ground-floor window and door and terminating to the left of the window. 2 ridge chimneys. INTERIOR: not inspected. RCHM records original staircase in No.109 with turned balusters, square newels and moulded handrail. Staircase in No.1 Mill Mount has lower flight 1815, remainder original C18 staircase, plus several fireplaces 1815. No.1 Mill Mount was first listed 22/05/80. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 66).





Listing NGR: SE5944851070

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464898

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York III South West, (1972), 66

End of official listing