CLUB CHAMBERS AND RAILINGS ATTACHED AT FRONT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1257113

Date first listed: 14-Mar-1997

Statutory Address: CLUB CHAMBERS AND RAILINGS ATTACHED AT FRONT, 15, MUSEUM STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLUB CHAMBERS AND RAILINGS ATTACHED AT FRONT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257113 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 03:32:30.

Location

Statutory Address: CLUB CHAMBERS AND RAILINGS ATTACHED AT FRONT, 15, MUSEUM STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: York (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 60050 51992

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YORK

SE6051NW MUSEUM STREET 1112-1/28/788 (South East side) No.15 Club Chambers and railings attached at front

GV II

Offices; attached area wall and railings at front. 1875. By George Fowler Jones. MATERIALS: red brick in Flemish bond, banded in white, black and moulded brick, some cogged; stone bands of nailhead and cable mouldings; moulded bracketed cornice and eaves frieze of faience incorporating panels of glazed tile: low stone plinth to Lendal front; slate roofs with corniced brick stacks, timber bracketed guttering and wrought-iron finials. EXTERIOR: basement, 3 storeys and attics; 3-bay range with mansard roof between stone quoined end bays, right one steeply cross-gabled, left one with 2-storey canted bay window and pyramidal roof. Central 6-panel door between narrow side lights in doorcase of rusticated square section piers and moulded dentilled cornice hood on heavy console brackets. All windows are 1-pane sashes: those on ground and first floors have segmental arches of polychrome brick, on second floor shouldered lintels. Ground floor windows have stone sills, those on second floor window guards on wide sills on elaborate brackets. In centre range attic windows are 1-pane sashes with moulded timber jambs; in left end bay, 2-light casement in semicircular gabled dormer with finial; in right end bay, narrow 1-pane sash with plain sill and segmental arch. Lendal front: 2 storeys and attics: 2 bays, both stone quoined. Detailing as for main front, with two windows in left bay, one in right bay. At front, low chamfered wall incorporating square section piers with domed caps supports horizontal railings, set diagonally, with serrated upper edge and square baluster standards incorporating monogram YCC. INTERIOR: not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: cast-iron railings on brick and stone wall.

Listing NGR: SE6005051992

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 464238

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing