ST ANNE'S MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1258791
Date first listed:
28-Feb-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
26-Jan-1977
Statutory Address:
ST ANNE'S MANOR, 6-10, ST ANN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST ANNE'S MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258791 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 15:34:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
ST ANNE'S MANOR, 6-10, ST ANN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Salisbury
National Grid Reference:
SU 14596 29621

Details

ST ANNE'S STREET 1. 1594 (South Side) Nos 6 to 10 (even) (St Anne's Manor) SU 1429 NE 4/161 28.2.52. II* GV 2. C17-C18, and modern. Nos 6 and 8 formerly St Anne's Manor, No 10 modern extension. C18 front of 3 storeys. Red brick with raised strings at 1st and 2nd floor levels. Painted moulded band cornice, tall parapet with stone coping and old tile roof. 4 windows with architrave frames to upper floors. 3 windows on ground floor with moulded frames and panelled shutters, and 6-Panelled door in deep arched reveal with radiating and wreathed fanlight and doorcase of engaged Tuscan columns with fluted and reeded necking, broken entablature, dentilled cornice and moulded and dentilled open pediment. The Cl7 front adjoins to left hand and has 2 storeys and basement. Plum coloured brick on projecting plinth with raised brick quoins and stone coping at head of wall. 3 casement windows, 2 with leaded lights and one blocked, on 1st floor. 3 2-light stone mullioned and transomed casements (Cl9 lights) on ground floor. 3 2-light similar easements in basement, the left hand blocked. Modern 1-storey extension in C18 manner to left hand. 5 windows and 6-panel central door with arched fanlight of curved pattern reeded surround and moulded open dentilled pediment on scroll brackets. Windows irregularly spaced. The door possibly reset. Interior has staircase with closed string, 3 flights, moulded handrail, splay shaped balusters, square oak newels with ornamental tops. Circa 1812 music room, single storey to rear, with elaborately moulded cornice acanthus leaves, dentils, egg and dart and bead and real strips. Good fireplace. Good tripartite window with marble Ionic pilasters to side, freestanding columns to centre. 2 rooms on 1st floor with C18 panelling and corner fireplace.

Nos 2 to 18 (even) form a group with Nos 1 & 3 and with Friary Court and Craddock House, The Friary.

Nos 2 to 18 (even) also form a group with the Old Bell Inn & St Anne's Garage Exeter Street.





Listing NGR: SU1459629621

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
445679
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/08523/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Jennie Anderson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].