This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ELMER HOUSE; PREMISES OF ST CHRISTOPHER'S SCHOOL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ELMER HOUSE; PREMISES OF ST CHRISTOPHER'S SCHOOL

List entry Number: 1259093

Location

ELMER HOUSE; PREMISES OF ST CHRISTOPHER'S SCHOOL, 41, WEST STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Waverley

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Farnham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 26-Apr-1950

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 445026

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 8346 NE 5/87 26.4.50 1099

WEST STREET (South East Side) No 41 (Elmer House; premises of St Christopher's School)

II*

Late C18. 2 storey. Red brick front with painted string at 1st floor level. Moulded and painted frieze enriched with roundels, and fluted panel over centre and dentilled cornice. Brick parapet, painted coping. old tile roof. 5 windows, glazing altered on 1st floor, 4 similar windows on ground floor and 6-panel central door, arched fanlight of radiating and scroll pattern, in panelled reveal and doorcase of panelled pilasters, carved console brackets, dentilled cornice carried round reveal and across reeded architrave to arch. 2-bay extension on slight bend to right hand same design. All ground floor windows and door in recessed brick arches.

Nos 18, 37, 43, 45 and all the listed buildings on the south-east side from Nos 19 to 46 (consec) (including wrought-iron screen before Vernon House), form a group.

Listing NGR: SU8355046648

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 83547 46652

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1259093 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2018 at 09:02:25.

End of official listing