ESTATE OFFICE AND COTTAGE TO NORTH OF WINSTANLEY HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1287337
Date first listed:
10-May-1988
Statutory Address:
ESTATE OFFICE AND COTTAGE TO NORTH OF WINSTANLEY HALL, PEMBERTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ESTATE OFFICE AND COTTAGE TO NORTH OF WINSTANLEY HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1287337.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-May-2020 at 13:34:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
ESTATE OFFICE AND COTTAGE TO NORTH OF WINSTANLEY HALL, PEMBERTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wigan (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 54454 03142

Details

BILLINGE-WITH-WINSTANLEY PEMBERTON ROAD SD 50 SW (west side) 8/42 Estate Office and Cottage to north of Winstanley Hall II Estate Office and cottage. Dated 1884. Rock-faced stone with slate roof. 2 storeys with attic, 2 bays. 2 bands of lozenge mouldings, below ground floor and above 1st floor windows and top gable. Rusticated quoins and central pilaster over entrance. Windows have rusticated architraves, most are 3- light-recessed-chamfered-mullioned windows with small-paned casements, some replaced, but attic has 2 pointed lights. Windows to ground floor have sill course interrupted by lintel to entrance with C20 door. Re-set plaque inscribed: "WINSTANLEY/ESTATE/OFFICE/1884". One-storey, 2-bay connecting block has entrance and C20 windows to left, pointed window to right. Cottage of 2 storeys and 2 bays with hipped roof. Ground floor has pointed window, 1st floor has 2-light small-paned casement. Plain entrance. Left return has trefoil-headed window with shafts, moulded arch and decorative glazing. Rear lateral stack. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SD5445403142

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
402579
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].

Back
to top