CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1295237

Date first listed: 07-Oct-1957

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1295237 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Mar-2019 at 04:59:00.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Blaby (District Authority)

Parish: Wigston Parva

National Grid Reference: SP 46610 89782

Details

WIGSTON PARVA CHURCH LANE SP 48 NE (east side)

5/53 Church of St. Mary

7.10.57 II

Parish church. C11, C13, C14, C16, restored 1845 and c.l900. Random rubble, cobbles and dressed stone with stone dressings and plain tile roof. Brick and stone plinth. Nave and chancel under continuous roof. West end has a central double lancet with Y tracery and hood mould with mask stops. Above, a square wooden bellcote with cusped openings, leaded tent roof and cross. North side has to west a chamfered round headed C11 doorway with hood mould and imposts. C19 close boarded door. East end has a C14 double lancet with Y tracery. South side has a central single lancet, C19, with hood mould, and to its right, a similar lancet. To east, a C13 single lancet. Interior has a panelled dado to north side and west end. Roof has 2 principal rafter trusses, C16, with cambered tie beams, that to west with a boss. Both have V struts and collars. East end has a stained glass window, 1965. Fittings include an octagonal font removed from Hemingford, Hunts., c.1900, an oak altar with C13 style arcading, c.1909, panelled reredos, C19 rectangular skeleton pulpit with 2 book rests, a double round headed framed board with Creed, and 2 similar round headed commandment boards.

Listing NGR: SP4661089782

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 189043

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing