THE PRIORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1303222

Date first listed: 30-Jul-1959

Date of most recent amendment: 27-Jan-1984

Statutory Address: THE PRIORY

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE PRIORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303222 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 08:31:42.

Location

Statutory Address: THE PRIORY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon (District Authority)

Parish: Pebworth

National Grid Reference: SP 14182 46304

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 14 NW PEBWORTH BROAD MARSTON 3/9

30.7.59 The Priory (formerly listed as Broad Marston Priory)

II*

Large house mainly C17 and C18 on earlier core. Cotswold stone and blue lias stone with plain tiled roofs. Two principal ranges. West range mid C17, said to be 1654, with earlier range attached at West end. This part is of blue lias with timber- framing exposed in North gable and paired diagonal stacks on South end. Leaded windows on North end, triple below and triple with top lights above. Modern 4-light stone window on West side wall. Main part has Cotswold stone South front with coped parapet and 2 shallow gables. Regular front of mullioned windows, three 3-light windows under continuous dripmould to 1st floor and Tudor arched door between 2 pairs of 2-light windows under continuous hoodmould to ground floor. Rear is rendered with 6 window range of leaded cross windows. Stone plinth and central rendered stack. C19 Cotswold stone gabled porch. A rear wing of 2-storeys projects; renewed leaded windows and side wall stack. East range, 2 parallel roofs, South front forward of adjoinig range. Cotswold stone, 2-storey and attic with ridge stack and coped East gable. Three dormers. Three window range with evidence of left side being older, mid C17, and the right early C18. Left side has stone cross-mullioned windows with drip- moulds to ground, 1st floor and attic of West gable end; and 2 similar to ground and 1st floor of first bay of front. Wood cross-mullioned windows, 4-light and 3-light to 1st floor and 3-light casement to ground floor, all with dripmoulds and modern door, to right side of South front. Rear range is blue lias stone, much altered with 2 blocked 2-light stone mullion 1st floor windows and blocked single mezzanine light.

Interior: panelled entrance hall with stone Tudor arched fireplace. Very large curved arched inglenook in West end room. Exceptional C17 open well staircase with moulded rail and newels with pyramid caps in South West corner of East range.

Site associated with Evesham Abbey.

Listing NGR: SP1418246304

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 147633

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing