1 AND 2, SCHOOL ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304400
Date first listed:
08-Oct-1984
Statutory Address:
1 AND 2, SCHOOL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 1 AND 2, SCHOOL ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304400 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-May-2019 at 09:50:16.

Location

Statutory Address:
1 AND 2, SCHOOL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Snettisham
National Grid Reference:
TF 68557 34182

Details

TF 6834 SNETTISHAM SCHOOL ROAD (north)

10/52 No. 1, 2.

- II

2 houses with range of workshops attached at south. Houses c.1700, and early C18, workshops 1793. No. 1 at north c.1700, coursed, squared and dressed carstone ashlar, brick dressings, pantiled roof. 2 storeys. Ground floor has inserted mid C20 shop front, first floor 3 2-light casements with lead glazing bars under fine rubbed brick flat arches. Brick quoins. No. 2 to south, early C18, squared, coursed carstone ashlar with galletting, brick dressings. Red pantiled roof. 2 storeys with attics, 4 bays. Ground floor to north has 2 inserted c.1900 plate glass sashes with c.1900 brick dressings, at south 2 early C19 sashes with glazing bars under early C18 flat, rubbed brick arches. Central C18 6 panel raised and fielded door, simple 2-light rectangular fanlight, flat rubbed brick arch. First floor 4 wooden framed C18 casement cross-windows, plate glass, set in original rusticated brick frames with moulded aprons. Moulded brick plat-band to first floor. Brick quoins. Dogtooth dentil eaves cornice, brick tumbling to south gable. 3 cut down ridge stacks. Range of workshops attached at south of 3 builds: range to north squared coursed carstone, centre and south ranges carstone rubble, brick dressings, red pantiled roofs. Range at south has on north side 5 datestone plaques,"T. Page 1793" "Built by Ja. Law 1793," "17 JF 93" "17 SE 93" "17 SB 93". Workshops included primarily for group value.

Listing NGR: TF6855734182

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
221438
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].