JACKSON STOPS AND THE WOOLMARKET RESTAURANT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1305244
Date first listed:
08-Jun-1983
Statutory Address:
JACKSON STOPS AND THE WOOLMARKET RESTAURANT, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of JACKSON STOPS AND THE WOOLMARKET RESTAURANT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305244 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 02:31:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
JACKSON STOPS AND THE WOOLMARKET RESTAURANT, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Chipping Campden
National Grid Reference:
SP 15114 39175

Details

1. 5224 HIGH STREET (north-west side) Jackson Stops and The Woolmarket Restaurant SP 1539 SW 9/106

II GV

2. Dated 1775 in front and 1720 at rear, but very altered in mid C19. Ashlar with first floor band, Cotswold stone roof. In 2 sections with Cl7 rubble gabled wing to left. Two storeys and attics. (Woolmarket) L.H.S. C17. One window above 3 and 4 light stone mullioned casements with drip moulds. Ground floor has central doorway with sashed bay on either side. Blind panel in gable. R.H.S. C18. Alleyway to left. Central door with stone hood flanked by bay windows. Two paired C19 sashes above. Two gabled dormers. Rear wall has long-mullion windows and the date 1720 over the alleyway. Interior of Woolmarket Restaurant has a large Tudor arch fireplace at back on ground floor.

Listing NGR: SP1511839175

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
126157
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Nov 2001
Reference: IOE01/00973/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].