This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCHYARD WALLS TO NORTH, SOUTH AND WEST, CHURCHYARD GATES AND GATEPIERS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCHYARD WALLS TO NORTH, SOUTH AND WEST, CHURCHYARD GATES AND GATEPIERS

List entry Number: 1305478

Location

CHURCHYARD WALLS TO NORTH, SOUTH AND WEST, CHURCHYARD GATES AND GATEPIERS, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Chipping Campden

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 08-Jun-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 126109

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5224 CHURCH STREET (east side)

Churchyard walls to north, south and west, churchyard gates and SP 1539 6/60 gatepiers SP 1539 SW 9/60 II GV

2. The walls are principally early Cl7 for Sir Baptist Hicks, gates and rails probably mid C19. Good quality ashlar rubble. North wall about 5-7 ft buttressed and about 100 yds long. South wall about 6-9 ft high with weathered coping with roll, also about 100 yds long; blocked Tudor archway, axial between Campden House and Hicks chapel and a further blocked opening at east end which has stepped buttresses. West wall about 6 ft high with weathered coping. Footpath gate north-west; churchyard gates to south-west. Latter consist of 2 rusticated ashlar gate-piers with ball- capping and lamp overthrow;pair of cast-iron gates with reversed arch top rail; halberd-head railings, repeated on flanking panels of railings (arches between verticals). Side gate to right with railings and dwarf wall linking to North Lodge (qv).

Listing NGR: SP1551239477

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 15512 39477

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305478 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 03:35:35.

End of official listing