HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1306152

Date first listed: 16-Apr-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 11-May-1987

Statutory Address: HALL FARMHOUSE, MUNDESLEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306152 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 23:43:14.

Location

Statutory Address: HALL FARMHOUSE, MUNDESLEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Trunch

National Grid Reference: TG 29205 34859

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TRUNCH MUNDESLEY ROAD TG 23 SE (south side) 3/104 Hall Farmhouse (formerly listed 16.4.55 as Manor House and 2 barns) G.V. II*

Farmhouse. Late C16. Whole and cut flint with brick dressings. Thatched roofs. T plan. West facade of 2 storeys. Central 2 storey gabled porch entered through semi-circular arch. Above is datestone 1652. Tumbling in gable head. Inner door with quadrant moulded jambs terminating in bar stops. This porch cuts into blocked horizontal window. To left 6-light ovolo moulded cross casement. To right quoins remain as evidence of similar window (timberwork of this survives in interior). First floor with one 6-light mullioned casement to left and 3-light C18 casement to right in reduced opening. Gabled roof with northern internal stack : rectangular plinth and base carries 3 bell-based diamond flues with star tops. Identical ridge stack right of centre, both C16. Gable heads on kneelers. Later 2 storey extension obscures north gable wall. South gable has blocked ground floor mullioned window still in situ behind later brickwork. First floor mullioned casement blocked with 2 C17 2-light cross casements, themselves now blocked behind mullions. 2 storey cross wing to east side, flush with north gable wall. To east in main range are 3 C16 mullioned casements unevenly distributed : 2 of 2 ovolo moulded lights and one of 5 ovolo moulded lights. Cross wing gabled and lit through later casements. Interior. Ground floor south room with bridging beams of quadrant mouldings and barred tongue stops. Close studded timber partition walls. C16 half-imperial staircase of turned balusters, moulded handrail and newels. First floor door jambs chamfered and tongue stopped. Numerous tongue stopped bridging beams. Roof of tie beams, principals, 2 tiers butt purlins, collars and curved windbracing. Secondary rafters pegged into both tiers of purlins. Cross wing roof similar but with straight windbracing. 2 4-centred fireplaces survive with expanding pilasters supporting stud and dentil freize.

Listing NGR: TG2920534859

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 224318

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing