CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307173

Date first listed: 17-Mar-1988

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, CARRINGTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307173 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 05:45:25.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, CARRINGTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Frithville and Westville

National Grid Reference: TF 31570 50781

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 35 SW FRITHVILLE CARRINGTON ROAD Mount Pleasant (east side)

7/19 Church of St. Peter 3.2.67 II

Parish church. 1821. Probably by Jeptha Pacey. Red and yellow brick, painted ashlar dressings. Slate roof with wide eaves overhang. Moulded cornice forming open pediments in the gables. Clasping pilaster strips, further pilaster strips defining the bays of the north and south sides. Shallow plinth. Nave and chancel under the same roof. West end with hexagonal wooden cupola, each side with single pointed arched opening. Cornice decorated with orbs, domed lead roof topped with single cross. West wall with painted first floor band. Pointed arched doorway with plank double door. Over the band is a painted plaque inscribed '1821', small circular opening above. The north wall of 3 bays each bay with single pointed arched tripartite lead glazing bar casement. Continuous impost band broken by the pilasters. Under each window is a single flush panel of narrow brick strips. The east wall has a single similar casement with continuous impost band. In the gable apex is a single small circular opening. The south wall corresponds to the north, however on the far left is a single small lead glazing bar casement. Interior. Inner porch formed by west gallery, doorway with panelled double doors through to the nave. Panelled gallery with moulded pilasters. Under, to the south, is a doorway with panelled door and to the north a glazing bar fixed light. C19 and C20 furnishings, hatchment. Porch with 2 doorways with panelled doors, one leading to the gallery stairs. This church was one of many built in this area after the Fen Churches Act of 1816.

Listing NGR: TF3157050781

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196232

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing