FORMER STABLES AND COACH HOUSE BLOCK AT ASHBY FOLVILLE MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307549

Date first listed: 18-Nov-1982

Statutory Address: FORMER STABLES AND COACH HOUSE BLOCK AT ASHBY FOLVILLE MANOR, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER STABLES AND COACH HOUSE BLOCK AT ASHBY FOLVILLE MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307549 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 21:48:26.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER STABLES AND COACH HOUSE BLOCK AT ASHBY FOLVILLE MANOR, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Melton (District Authority)

Parish: Gaddesby

National Grid Reference: SK 70752 11956

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 71 SW GADDESBY MAIN STREET

Ashby Folville (south side) 9/86 Former stables and coach house block at Ashby Folville Manor 18/11/82

G.V. II

Former stables and coach house, now 4 houses. Mid C17, remodelled 1891 to the designs of J. Ely for H. H. Smith Carington, and converted to houses c.1983. Timber framing with rendered nogging, and brick with stone plinth and Swithland slate roof. Single off-centre coped brick ridge stack. 2 storeys, 8 bays. North side has off-centre blocked carriage entry with large 4 light window. To its left, glazed door with flanking lights and overlight, and between them a 3 light casement. Beyond, to left, hipped canted wooden porch, flanked to left by a 3 light and to right by a 4 light casement and beyond by single 4 light casement. To the right of the archway, a glazed door with overlight and flanking lights, flanked to left by a 3 light and to right by a 4 light casement. Beyond, to right, lower 2 storey range with door flanked by single 2 light casements. Above, to left of carriage opening, a glazed door with side hung crane. Beyond to left, 4 two light casements. Beyond again, glazed door, flanked to left by a 2 light and to right by a 4 light casement. Beyond again, a 5 light casement. To the right of the archway, 2 two light casements and a glazed door. Beyond, to right, lower range has 2 two light casements and above again, a central gabled dormer. South side has exposed framing with mid rails and curved struts. The framing in the carriage entrance was inserted in 1891 and the 2 eastern bays were assembled with framing from the north side at the same time. Off-centre carriage entrance, now blocked, contains a 3 light mullioned and transomed casement. To its left, 2 casements with a small casement above and between them. To the right of the carriage entrance, 4 casements of various sizes and above, 5 small lights. All these casements are late C20. East gable has a C19 casement and above, a C19 4 light mullioned and transomed casement with segmental head. The interior is said to contain a mid C17 wind braced roof.

Listing NGR: SK7075211956

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 189843

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing