THE MALTSTERS TAP

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307656

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Apr-1986

Statutory Address: THE MALTSTERS TAP

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MALTSTERS TAP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307656 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 22:19:17.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MALTSTERS TAP

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Cardington

National Grid Reference: SO 50611 95085

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 5095-5195 CARDINGTON C.P. CARDINGTON

12/21 The Maltsters Tap 29.1.52 (formerly listed as Fold Farm and Old Malthouse at rear of Fold Farm)

GV II

Shown on O.S. map as Honeysuckle Cottage. Farmhouse, now house. Circa 1600 with late C18 and C19 alterations and additions. Timber framed with plastered infill; partly rebuilt and extended in coursed yellow/brown sandstone rubble with grey sandstone rubble with grey sandstone quoins and red brick window heads; partly pebbledashed; plain tile roofs. Irregular plan; c.1600 flush cross- wing with C18 range to right and later additions at rear. Framing: square panels, formerly 4 from sole plate to wall plate (ground-floor underbuilt up to 2 panels high), with parallel diagonal struts forming lozenge patterns. 2 storeys. Integral brick end stack to right, integral lateral brick stack to left and integral lateral C20 brick stack at rear. 3-window front; 3-light C19 wooden casements and central first-floor 2-light wooden casement , all except first-floor left- hand window with segmental heads; central C20 boarded door with gabled porch. Collar and tie-beam truss exposed in left-hand gable with parallel diagonal struts, and v-struts with quatrefoil panel in apex. Interior: left-hand ground-floor front room has chamfered cross-beamed ceiling and large open fireplace; square-panelled timber framed internal cross-wall between c.1600 range and C18 addition (probably former external wall). The house formerly had a 2-bay hall range to the left with an attached barn. One bay of the hall range still survives attached to the barn (q.v.) but the other has been demolished (probably when the house was extended to the right in the C18) separating the two buildings. The rear part of the house was formerly a separate malt-house.

Listing NGR: SO5060895090

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 259562

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing