MONUMENT TO THE REVEREND WH HINES AND HIS WIFE ANN, 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHAPEL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1307900
Date first listed:
04-May-1984
Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO THE REVEREND WH HINES AND HIS WIFE ANN, 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHAPEL HOUSE, FORE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT TO THE REVEREND WH HINES AND HIS WIFE ANN, 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHAPEL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307900 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 04:05:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO THE REVEREND WH HINES AND HIS WIFE ANN, 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHAPEL HOUSE, FORE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
Taunton Deane (District Authority)
Parish:
Milverton
National Grid Reference:
ST 12311 25773

Details

ST1225 MILVERTON CP FORE STREET (North side)

11/202 Monument to the Rev. W.H. Hines and his wife Ann, 10 metres South of Chapel House -

GV II

Monument to Rev. William Hines, died 1897 and Ann, his wife, died 1883. Late C19. Eastlake style. Marble pier on plinth with cavetto moulding, pedimented side panels with incised design breaking through flat pitched cross gable top. A design more common in America in late C19. Set in the flower bed to left of entrance to Chapel House (qv) garden, a dignified reminder of the original purpose of the building. Primarily listed for historic interest.

Listing NGR: ST1231125773

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
270413
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/08933/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Chester. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].