CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
I
List Entry Number:
1308424
Date first listed:
23-Aug-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HALL STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308424 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 11:58:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HALL STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
North Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Wellingore
National Grid Reference:
SK 98222 56538

Details

WELLINGORE HALL STREET SK 95 NE (south side) 1/74 Church of All Saints

23.8.67

GV I

Parish church. Late C12, C13, C14, C15 restored 1881. Coursed limestone, rubble and ashlar, with ashlar dressings. Plain tile roofs with stone coped gables with finials. Flush ashlar quoins, and plinth. West tower, with spire, nave with aisles and north porch and chancel with north chantry chapel. A plain unbuttressed 3- stage tower has a moulded plinth to the west and a single tall lancet. The other sides are blank apart from various odd corbels. The third stage has a single bell opening to each side, of 2 lights with circulated tracery. The tower is topped with battlements and a C14 spire with a single set of lucarnes. The north aisle has a 2-light panel tracery pointed arched west window. The north gabled porch has a chamfered pointed arched opening, stone benches and a double chamfered pointed arched doorway with C19 door. The north aisle has two, 2-light panel tracery windows in segment arches, with a single buttress between. The clerestory has 3 windows each side, with 2-light panel tracery windows under pointed arches. The north chapel has a single 3-light flowing tracery pointed arched east window, and the south wall has a single 3-light plate tracery pointed arched window and a single tiny lancet. The south aisle has 2 buttresses plus a single east and west windows plus 2 south windows all 2-light with panel tracery in segment arches. INTERIOR: 3-bay nave with double chamfered pointed arcades with elementary capitals, octagonal piers to the north and round piers to the south, with responds to west. The tower arch is also double chamfered with octagonal responds, and above is a small blind opening with above that the line of the earlier roof. In the chancel is a single double chamfered pointed arch leading to the north chapel, and a triple arched sedilia with octagonal piers, and chamfered round arches, plus a C19 piscina. The roofs, pews, pulpit, font and altar-rail are 1881. The north chapel contains an important tomb to Sir Richard de Buslingthorpe. c1435, the tomb-chest has 3 shields and quatrefoil panelling between, and is topped with reclining alabaster figures of a knight and his lady. There is a brass wall plate to Mary Ellis 1637. In the north aisle are 2 slate wall tablets to James Brand 1719 and Robert Stevenson 1729. There is a C15 alms box by the north doorway.

Listing NGR: SK9822256537

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
192512
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Jan 2007
Reference: IOE01/14869/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr James Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].