THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1309721

Date first listed: 22-Nov-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Sep-1985

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, 14, GREEN LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309721 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 21:49:10.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, 14, GREEN LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Linton

National Grid Reference: TL 56422 46691

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 5646 LINTON GREEN LANE (West Side)

16/103 No. 14 (The Manor 22.11.67 House) (formerly listed as Old Manor House) GV II

House. Mid to late C18. Red brick main facade, exposed timber-frame to rear. Plain tiled roofs with shallow corbelled parapet gables, end stacks and ridge stack. Two storeys, with two projecting rear wings. Central doorway with plain wooden pilasters and entablature with dentil enrichment to pediment, panelled reveals and six-panelled door with patterned rectangular fanlight. Four near flush-framed twelve-paned hung sash windows with gauged brick arches include one blind window. Interior: First and second floor east rooms with C18 chimney pieces, cupboards, and raised and fielded panelling; C18 panelled doors and floor tiles. C19 staircase. Three open fireplaces. The house belonged to a tanner Edmund Taylor (d.1804) who purchased the property in 1769, the site was associated with tanning before 1600.

Palmer, M W The Antiquities of Linton 1913 V.C.H. Vol. VI, pp82, 97 Stevens, R L Linton P.C. Pub., p22 1983 and unpublished records R.C.H.M. Report 1951

Listing NGR: TL5642246691

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 51917

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Palmer, W M, The Antiquities of Linton, (1913)
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 82
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 97
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 97
Stevens, R L, Linton22
Other
Reports on Buildings in the Parishes of Babraham Great Abington Hildersham Linton Little Abington and Pampisford Cambridgeshire, (1951)

End of official listing