Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST AGNES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1328673.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Feb-2020 at 11:45:18.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
St. Agnes
National Grid Reference:
SW 72028 50734


ST AGNES CHURCHTOWN (east side) SW 75 SW 4/147 Church of St Agnes - 30.5.67 GV II

Parish church. C15 tower, spire rebuilt in 1905, otherwise in 1848 by Piers St Aubyn. Granite ashlar tower, otherwise killas rubble with granite dressings. Dressed granite broach spire behind embattled parapet to tower, otherwise dry Delabole slate roofs with gable ends. Stone stack over vestry. Plan: C15 west tower; C19 nave and chancel; C19 north aisle south aisle and south porch linked to covered passage and vestry added in 1909. Exterior: C15 2-stage embattled west tower with spire: diagonally-set corner buttresses; pointed west doorway; 3-light traceried window over doorway; 2-light traceried windows with slate louvres to upper stage. Hoodmoulds over all openings. The 1848 parts of the church have windows and doorways in the Perpendicular style: traceried granite windows with hoodmoulds; 4-centred arched granite doorways. C19 ledged and braced doors, leaded glazing. Interior: Plastered walls; C19 6-bay granite arcades, C19 arched collar rafter roof structures; C19 and later fittings, including octagonal marble font dated 1851. Memorial windows with coloured glass: 2 windows at the east end, one window in the north wall and west window of the south aisle.

Listing NGR: SW7202850734


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04420/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Lee Eubanks. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].