FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352714

Date first listed: 18-Dec-1947

Statutory Address: FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE, MILL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352714 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 00:17:39.

Location

Statutory Address: FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE, MILL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Waverley (District Authority)

Parish: Godalming

National Grid Reference: SU 96717 43798

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 9643 NE 12/172

GODALMING, MILL LANE (south side), Friends Meeting House, The Mint

18.12.47

GV II

Friends Meeting House. 1715, with wing added 1808. Red brick in Flemish bond, addition of poorer quality brick, some vitrified. Plain tile roofs. One storey, 3-bay meeting house with later wing projecting on right and built up against former yard wall. Meeting house: large central doorway, with double door of 8 raised and fielded panels under deep, console-bracketed hood. To either side, a large, wooden cross-window with leaded lights and one casement to each. Hipped roof. Wing: narrow bay on left, with door of 6 flush panels (top 2 glazed), links meeting house to 3-bay range which has two 3-light leaded windows, that on left C20, and a stack at rear; gable end of wing has door of 6 flush panels in reveal and large, 2-light, leaded window; right return is of galleted rubblestone, approximately 2 metres high, with oversailing domed coping, this formerly being the yard wall. Rear of meeting house has two cross-windows with diamond-leading flanking central 6-panel door all with flat, header-brick arches; stepped eaves. Interior of meeting house: panelled dado and elders' pew. Photograph of plan held in National Monuments Record.

Listing NGR: SU9671743798

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 291453

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing