BRIGHTLING PARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1352916

Date first listed: 14-Sep-1954

Statutory Address: BRIGHTLING PARK, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BRIGHTLING PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352916 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 20:48:04.

Location

Statutory Address: BRIGHTLING PARK, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: East Sussex

District: Rother (District Authority)

Parish: Brightling

National Grid Reference: TQ 68337 20933

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 6820-6920 BRIGHTLING THE STREET

38/4 Brightling Park

14.9.54

GV II*

Two storeys and attic. The north front has nine windows and four dormers hidden by the parapet. Red brick and grey headers on an ashlar base. Painted stringcourse Brick cornice and parapet. Hipped slate roof. Windows with keystones over and glazing bars intact. The east front has five windows and two dormers and a canted bay on both floors containing the doorway at the head of nine steps with pilasters, projecting cornice and door of six fielded panels. This house has been reduced in size by the demolition of the south wings since it was first listed. The estate was purchased by Thomas Fuller in 1697, and the house was built by him in the early years of the C18. It was then called Rose Hill after his wife, Rose who was an heiress from Jamaica. The Fullers were prosperous ironmasters in Sussex.

Listing NGR: TQ6833720936

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 292462

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing