Weyborne Estate (formerly Blackdown House)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1354734
Date first listed:
18-Jun-1959
Statutory Address:
Weyborne Estate, Fernden Lane, Haslemere, GU27 3DR

Map

Ordnance survey map of Weyborne Estate (formerly Blackdown House)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1354734 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 14:18:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
Weyborne Estate, Fernden Lane, Haslemere, GU27 3DR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
West Sussex
District:
Chichester (District Authority)
Parish:
Lurgashall
National Park:
SOUTH DOWNS
National Grid Reference:
SU 91731 28603

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 29/11/2018

SU 92 NW 7/17

LURGASHALL Fernden Lane Weyborne Estate (formerly Blackdown House)

(Formerly listed as Blackdown House, BLACKDOWN STREET)

18.6.59

II* Large house. C17, restored and enlarged in the C19. Over the doorway are the date 1640 and the initials "W. Y." of the Yaldwyn family. The south front is E-shaped. The outer wings were probably added in the C19. Tiled roof. Casement windows with stone mullions and transoms. The wings are gabled with bay windows on ground floor. Central gabled projection forming a porch on ground floor. Doorway in this with four-centred arch in square frame with dripmould over. Nail-studded door with fine lock and bar-holes. The interior has a fine staircase, contemporary fireplaces, panelling and in the room known as Oliver Cromwell's room, a panelled overmantel with the date 1646 and the initials "W. Y." Fire-back dated 1616 and the initials "W. Y."

Listing NGR: SU9173128603

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
301998
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 44 West Sussex,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Jan 2005
Reference: IOE01/13691/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Leggett. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].