PORCH OR PAVILLION IN THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE GROUNDS OF THE COUNCIL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1355854
Date first listed:
12-Oct-1972
Statutory Address:
PORCH OR PAVILLION IN THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE GROUNDS OF THE COUNCIL HOUSE, BOURNE HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of PORCH OR PAVILLION IN THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE GROUNDS OF THE COUNCIL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355854.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2019 at 00:00:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
PORCH OR PAVILLION IN THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE GROUNDS OF THE COUNCIL HOUSE, BOURNE HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Salisbury
National Grid Reference:
SU 14861 30353

Details

BOURNE HILL 1. 1594

Porch or Pavilion in the south east corner of the grounds of the Council House SU 1430 SE 2/336F (Wyndham Park) II 2. Re-erected C15 porch from the cathedral. Removed by James Wyatt from its original position outside the north transept, facing north. Stone 4 sided structure small but ornate. Panelled buttress with crenellated caps flanking 2 centred arched openings in each face. Leaf moulding in spandrels. Fleurons decorating surrounds. Inside has shallow lierne-vault. The surrounds on the inner sides of the arches are decorated with rosettes. The stone spirelet and pinnacles added when the porch was re-erected at Wyndham House. Picturesque.

Listing NGR: SU1486130353

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
318870
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Jul 2000
Reference: IOE01/02482/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Harvey. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].