ASHTON MILL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1356080
Date first listed:
17-Jan-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
17-Apr-1986
Statutory Address:
ASHTON MILL, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ASHTON MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356080 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 08:48:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
ASHTON MILL, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ashton Keynes
National Grid Reference:
SU 04380 94208

Details

SU 09 SW ASHTON KEYNES CHURCH LANE (south side)

10/28 Ashton Mill (formerly listed as Mill Cottage) 17.1.55 GV II

Mill house, now house. C16, C17 and C19. Squared limestone rubble and stone slate roof. Two storeys and attics, 3 bays, formerly with single storey and attic to south with mill machinery over leet of Thames. This section rebuilt c.1880 to match earlier section. Rear wing c.1630-50. Various later service extensions. Entrance door originally below east gable, now to centre bay facing north. Moulded stone doorcase and oak door. Twenty-pane sashes to ground floor, leaded windows to first floor with chamfered timber lintels. Stone lintels to wing. Stacks with ashlar shafts and moulded cornices. Interior has moulded ceiling beams with runout stops to both floors, and service rooms with elaborated bar stopped chamfers. Threaded double purlin roof.

Listing NGR: SU0438094208

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
317677
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04343/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Robert Slade. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].