ALBION HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356178

Date first listed: 10-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: ALBION HOUSE, 8 AND 10, ALBION HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALBION HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356178 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 07:44:45.

Location

Statutory Address: ALBION HOUSE, 8 AND 10, ALBION HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: North Lincolnshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Epworth

National Grid Reference: SE7835403754

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 7803-7903 20/61

EPWORTH ALBION HILL (south side)

No 8/10 (Albion House)

GV II

House, now house and shop. Mid C18 with mid-late C19 shop front. Brick in Flemish bond, colour-washed to front, with stucco plinth. Concrete tile roof. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys, 3 first-floor windows. Deep plinth. Entrance to left of centre has 4-panelled door and overlight with margin lights in architrave and reveal. Shop front to right has panelled surround with ornate carved consoles carrying panelled dosserets, cornice and hood, plate-glass windows with moulded mullions above beaded panels, central recessed glazed door. To left, a 12-pane replacement sash in flush wooden architrave with sill beneath painted rubbed-brick flat arch with raised ashlar keystone. First-floor sill band. Similar first-floor windows with original sashes. Plain wooden eaves board. Stone-coped gables with shaped kneelers. C19 rebuilt end stacks. Interior. Both shop and house contain C19 single-flight staircases with scrolled wrought-iron balustrade, moulded handrail, octagonal newel post; chamfered spine beams to house. The adjoining range to left, now part of house, is not of special interest. W Read, History of the Isle of Axholme, 1858, frontispiece.

Listing NGR: SE7835403754

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 165122

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Read, W, History of the Isle of Axholme, (1858)

End of official listing