CHURCH ROOMS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356838

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1985

Statutory Address: CHURCH ROOMS, THE WYLDE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH ROOMS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356838 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 19:30:19.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH ROOMS, THE WYLDE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bury (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 80459 10940

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 8010 NW THE WYLDE 1/84 - Church Rooms

GV II

L-shaped and single-storey, one wing being of 1786 in classical style; the other of 1864 in Gothic style. 1786 wing is of Ashlar and has 6 regular round-arched bays to main inner front, the left-hand arch being the doorway (with plain fan), the other windows, with altered glazing. Impost band. Cornice and blocking course. End of wing has large recessed arch flanked by pairs of blind windows. Rear has pediment to blocking course. This wing modified in 1861. 1864 wing is shorter and of snecked rubble. The main inner front has 4 3-light mullion and transom windows with cusped pointed heads; buttresses between. Steep slate roof with tall hexagonal chimney on each coped gable. This wing is included for group value with 1786 wing and with church. The rooms were formerly the Grammar School, founded on this site c.1620.

Listing NGR: SD8045910940

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 210750

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing