BANK HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359266
Date first listed:
07-Dec-1987
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Mar-1992
Statutory Address:
BANK HOUSE, WEST END

Map

Ordnance survey map of BANK HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359266 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-May-2019 at 11:43:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
BANK HOUSE, WEST END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Holland (District Authority)
Parish:
Holbeach
National Grid Reference:
TF3577724869

Details

In the entry for:

HOLBEACH WEST END TF 3424-3524 (north side)

15/85 No. 24 Bank House

GV II

The address shall be amended to read:

TF 3424-3524 HOLBEACH WEST END (north side)

15/85 Bank House

G.V. II

------------------------------------ HOLBEACH WEST END TF 3424-3524 (north side)

15/85 No. 24 Bank House

G.V. II

House, at sometime a bank. Mid C18, refronted and heightened c.1830, C20. Red brick, some ashlar. Double ridge slate roof with brick coped left gable, wooden eaves and truncated, rendered gable stacks. Two and a half storeys with basement, 5 bay front. 4 cambered basement openings, those to the right shuttered, those to the left, plain sashes. 6 steps lead up to a central doorway with ashlar doorcase of c.1830 with ornate brackets supporting pediment, with acanthus motifs, and 'Bank' inscribed on entablature; double panelled doors. 2 plain sashes on each side, with 4 plain sashes above, and 4 smaller plain sashes above them. All the windows with cambered heads and flush wedge lintels. East return wall with C20 weatherboarding. West return wall with evidence of earlier second floor tumbling.

Listing NGR: TF3577724869

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
198047
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].