CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359462

Date first listed: 30-Nov-1966

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359462 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 01:52:48.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Aisthorpe

National Grid Reference: SK 94626 80176

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 98 SW AISTHORPE CHURCH LANE

1/3 Church of St. Peter 30-11-66 G.V. II

Parish church. 1867 by T. C. Hine of Nottingham. Rock faced limestone ashlar and dressings, bands of contrasting red sandstone. Plain tiled roofs with raised stone coped gables and decorative kneelers, crosses fleury above. Built in a C13 style. West tower, nave, chancel, north porch and vestry. West tower of 3 stages with angled buttresses,paired pointed lights with circular openings to tympana, nook shafts on all 4 faces of belfry stage. In the west wall a wheel window with moulded surround and lobes separated by colonettes. Above is a single lancet. broach spire with large coursed lucarnes in principal directions having stone gables with floriate terminals. Gabled north porch with pointed headed doorway and inside a single chamfered doorway without capitals. Paired quatrefoil lights to side walls. North nave wall has 2 paired lights with plate tracery and 4 quatrefoil vents at wall head. North wall of chancel has 2 lancets. Chancel east window of 3 lights of plate tracery with octofoil over. South chancel window is a paired light with plate tracery and the attached vestry has a single lancet east light and a shaped ashlar chimney stack to the south west angle. The south nave wall has a single 3 light window with octofoil in the head and two 2 light windows with cinquefoils over; 4 quatrefoil vents to top of wall. All windows have hoodmoulds, human head stops and arches in alternating limestone and red sandstone. Interior. Tall double chamfered tower arch dies into imposts. Inscribed chancel arch, also double chamfered and stilted with octagonal capitals and responds. In the chancel is a painted wooden ceiling having hobnail decorated cornices and corbels. Behind the altar a reredos with 5 small. arches springing fron marble colonettes. Trefoil headed gabled aumbry surmounted by cross in the north wall. Oak chancel and tower screens in the Perpendicular style. Octagonal font with floriate decorated panels and fine brass mounted cover. 3 brass 2 tier candelabra. Other fittings all 1867.

Listing NGR: SK9462680176

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196967

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing