OLD HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359489

Date first listed: 16-Dec-1964

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Jun-1985

Statutory Address: OLD HALL FARMHOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359489 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 06:57:33.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD HALL FARMHOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Newton on Trent

National Grid Reference: SK 83268 74074

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 87 SW NEWTON-ON-TRENT HIGH STREET (west side)

6/47 Old Hall Farm House (formerly 16-12-64 listed separately as Nos 38 and 40)

G.V. II

Farmhouse.. 1695. Red brick in English bond, pantile roof with one raised brick coped gable, and 2 raised brick coped shaped gables with deep kneelers to the principal range, 2 gable and 1 axial ridge stacks. L-plan, lobby entry. 2 storey plus garrets 8 bay front, with plinth, dentillated first floor band and corbelled out eaves course. Off-centre half glazed C20 door with overlight having moulded brick surround with collared pilasters and pediment, in which is set a rectangular brick datestone "1695". The first floor band rises over the doorcase. To either side of the door are pairs of glazing bar sashes. Beyond to the right is a second door, C20 glazed, with a flat arched head, contained in a moulded brick surround, pilasters and entablature. Beyond again is a further pair of sashes. All ground floor windows have flat brick arched heads. To first floor are 6 sashes arranged in pairs, with over the principal door 2 smaller sashes. To left of front is a 2 bay advanced and gabled block with plinth and band. To first floor only are 2 sashes. The first floor band and decorative eaves course continue across the road elevation which has 3 sashes to ground floor, 2 to first floor and one small surviving garret window of the original pair. The rear elevation has a plain first floor band, and a double dentillated eaves course and 6 sashes to first floor. Interior. The original plan probably consisted of a parlour to the road with added stair bay to the garden front: beyond were a hall, kitchen and sunken floored dairy in echelon. In the parlour may be seen chamfered girders and floor joists. Between the hall and kitchen is a massive H-plan stack: the kitchen joists are not moulded, otherwise all girders have delicate shield shaped stops. To first floor are moulded girders and joists to the parlour and hall chambers only. The roof is a clasped purlin with collars, pegged at the ridge with wattle and daub partitions in the roof space. Graffito: on the first floor, above the main doorway, the wall plaster is inscribed 'Joseph Hooton 1695': he was a builder from Marton.

Listing NGR: SK8326874074

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 197010

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing