FRAMPTON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1360477
Date first listed:
26-Jan-1967
Statutory Address:
FRAMPTON HOUSE, WEST END ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FRAMPTON HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360477.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 31-Mar-2020 at 12:19:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
FRAMPTON HOUSE, WEST END ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
Boston (District Authority)
Parish:
Frampton
National Grid Reference:
TF 30268 39850

Details

TF 33 NW FRAMPTON WEST END ROAD (east side)

13/73 Frampton House 26.1.67 G.V. II*

Small country house, now an Old Persons home. Built for Thomas Tunnard. 1792 with minor C20 alterations. Red brick in Flemish bond with ashlar and yellow brick dressings. Hipped slate roof with lead dressings, 2 red brick ridge stacks. 3 storey, 5 bay front, arranged 1:3:1, the central bays advanced and pedimented. Short ashlar plinth, first and second floor ashlar bands, dentillated frieze, cornice, ashlar balustraded parapet. Central half glazed door in panelled reveals with traceried fanlight with ashlar architrave, with open pedimented and dentillated doorcase, supported on Doric columns, flanked by pairs of glazing bar sashes. To first floor are 5 similar windows, and to second floor 5 smaller windows. All windows have flat moulded brick arched heads and stepped fluted keyblocks. In the pediment a blank shield has vine leaf swags and is surmounted by a rabbit and tulip for the Tunnard family. To the right hand end of the ashlar plinth is the date 1792, the left hand chimney stack is dated 1797. The right hand side front of 4 bays has an 8 panelled door with side lights, covered by an added early C19 large open red brick with yellow brick dressings, porch with dentillated gable, and semi-circular arched openings. In the pediment a blank shield. The windows are glazing bar sashes, some tripartite, all with rubbed brick arches and plain keyblocks. Interior. Stick baluster dogleg stair with carved string and wreathed moulded handrail, dado rail and wooden pilasters. Acanthus leaf plaster cornice. Elliptical panelled arches to stair hall and landings. Mid C19 polished dark marble fireplace with cast brass fillet with cherubs in oval surrounds in right hand room. Dentillated cornice, fluted wooden fire surround with panelled sides and dado rail. Panelled semi- circular headed niche. Mahogany 8 panelled doors throughout. Egg and dart cornice. In the rear wing is a fine dining room with Adam style designs on wall panels and ceiling, harebell chains, ribbons and pendant oval cartouches with classical figures. Honeysuckle frieze, fluted chair rail. Fine fire surround with flutes and garlanded urn.

Listing NGR: TF3026839850

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
191989
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00517/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Scarbro. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].