CHURCH OF ST ANNE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1379061
Date first listed:
10-Jun-1954
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANNE, HIGHGATE WEST HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANNE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1379061.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Mar-2020 at 20:54:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANNE, HIGHGATE WEST HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Camden (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 28262 86484

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2886SW HIGHGATE WEST HILL 798-1/20/885 (East side) 10/06/54 Church of St Anne

II

Church. c1853. By T Bellamy for Anne Barnett in memory of her brother, Richard Barnett (a director of Meux's brewery); restored late C19. Coursed rubble with Bath stone dressings; slate roofs. Early English style. 5-bay nave, north and south aisles and sanctuary; tower at west end. Main entrance at base of west tower; tower with angle buttresses, traceried 2-light pointed window above door, band of arcaded lancets, paired pointed openings to belfry and broach spire with lucarnes capped by gablets. Aisles with 3-light traceried windows at west ends. INTERIOR: plain and lit by paired clerestory lights; east wall painted with Adoration of the Lamb. Stained glass: south aisle "Six Acts of Mercy" designed by RR Holmes 1865, made by Lavers, Barrauld & Westlake of Endell Street. Other glass by Saunders & Co, of Endell Street. Arch-braced collar truss roof. (Survey of London : 24: London: -1952: 141).



Listing NGR: TQ2826286484

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
478427
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Survey of London' in Survey of London - Kings Cross neighbourhood The Parish of St Pancras Part 4: Volume 24 , (1951), 141

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Feb 2005
Reference: IOE01/13809/35
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].