HIAS Phase 3 Work Packages
The Heritage Information Access Strategy (HIAS) is a programme of interlinked projects designed to simplify and improve public access to heritage data held or generated by Historic England, by Local Authority Historic Environment Records and by other bodies.
HIAS phase 3 work packages
In Phase 3 the existing work packages will move forward to the development of systems and processes with additional work packages to support those that are in the development stage. Several of the work packages will be coordinated with projects funded through the Heritage Protection Commissions Programme.
The Phase 3 work packages are listed below with the respective leaders for each including their email addresses if you want more information about a particular work package. For more general information about the Heritage Information Access Strategy please contact Keith May.
Work package leaders
- Roles and Responsibilities - Barney Sloane
- Historic Environment Records - Ben Wallace (Chair ALGAO-UK HER Committee)
- Collecting and Validating Data - Louisa Matthews (Archaeology Data Service)
- National Security Copy - Jane Golding and Martin Newman
- National Marine Heritage Dataset - Joe Flatman and Gillian Grayson
- Heritage Gateway - Gillian Grayson
- NRHE to HERS: Data Supply & Reconciliation - Gillian Grayson
- Internal HE Requirements - Helen Winton
- Heritage Reference Data - Phil Carlisle and Gillian Grayson
- Data Sharing and Rights - Keith May
- Communication and Engagement - Keith May
- Training and Benefits Planning - Sarah Poppy and Keith May
- Phase 3 Completion - Sarah Poppy
Data supply and reconciliation between NRHE and HERS: research and development phase
This report presents the findings of the research and development phase of a project aimed at streamlining access to heritage information, in particular how data held in a national database of the historic environment could be transferred to Local Historic Environment Records.