St Barnabas, Browning Road
St Barnabas, Browning Road, Manor Park, Newham, London E12 6PB View on map
Grade II listed church built 1900-09. Designed by Bucknall and Comper. Simple triple-gabled church, red brick with stone dressings. Tiled roof. Pointed arcading. Perpendicular Gothic hall church style with 4 light windows to aisles and 3, 6 and 4 lights to west front. Stained glass east window. Continuous arcade below north aisle buttresses.
All year: Saturday 10am -1pm, Sunday 11am -12.30pm with light refreshments, Tradecraft stall and occasional craft table top sales and-or demonstrations. Additional weekday or extended weekend events as advertised on the church notice board and on the website.
On the bend in Browning Road at the junction with Shelley Avenue. Tube: East Ham, District and Hammersmith and City Lines, 7- 10 minutes walk. Rail: Manor Park, 20 minutes walk. Bus: Route 147 stops outside the church. The stop is called St Barnabas Church.
A car may be able to be parked at the vicarage - only by prior arrangement.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes