St James, Church Avenue, Clapham via Lancaster
St James, Church Avenue, Clapham via Lancaster LA2 8AE View on map
15th century church built in the Pennine Perpendicular style. The medieval nave was demolished and rebuilt at twice its original width between 1812-1814. Further alterations were completed in 1899 and 1903.
Everyday: daylight hours.
off the A65 between Skipton and Kendal. When in village turn into Church Avenue, church is at top of this road. Rail: Clapham (1.4 miles) Bus: 581: Kirkby Lonsdale - Settle.
Spaces on the road outside the church but availability subject to other road users.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes