St Peter, York Place
St Peter, York Place, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 4GU View on map
St Peter's is often referred to as Brighton's 'cathedral'. Nave, aisles and west tower designed in Portland stone by Sir Charles Barry in 1824-8. The nave and aisles were lengthened by one bay and a new chancel, vestry and south-east chapel of Sussex sandstone added in 1898-1906 by George Somers Clarke the Younger and JT Micklethwaite. The memorial hall to the north was added in 1927.
We are open every day of the week, however the building is often used for regular programmes and activities so please contact the office prior to visiting
- Is part of Ride and Stride
Situated in York Place between the A23 London Road and the A270 Lewes Road. Access to the car park is from A270. Nearest railway station is Brighton Station within 0.4 miles. Information on bus routes at www.buses.co.uk. A number of buses run along York Place in a northerly direction bus stop A, V or L. Southerly direction along St Richard's Place bus stop U.
You will need to collect a permit from the church office.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes