We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- The right of access to a copy of the information we hold about you (this is known as a subject access request)
- The right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason)
- The right to have inaccurate data rectified
- The right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling, and
- Where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract. The information will be provided in a common electronic format
Please bear in mind that there are exemptions to the rights above and though we will always try to respond to your requests there may be situations where we are unable to do so (for example it may not be possible to provide copies of information which relates to the prevention and detection of crime or for which legal professional privilege could be claimed in legal proceedings).
If you would like further advice or information on your rights or wish to exercise them please write to our Information Security and Data Protection Manager at The Engine House, Firefly Avenue, Swindon, SN2 2EH or email [email protected]
You may wish to use our template subject access form which includes guidance on how to make your request.
If you are not happy with our response, or your believe that your data protection or privacy rights have been infringed, you can complain to the UK Information Commissioner's Office which regulates and enforces data protection law in the UK. Details of how to do this are available at the Information Commissioner's Office website.
Information Governance Manager
The Engine House,
Fire Fly Avenue ,