Church of St Peter, St Peters Place, Brighton - Brighton and Hove, City of (UA)

Designed by Sir Charles Barry and built between 1824 and 1828. A National Lottery Heritage Fund and Historic England Repair Grants for Places of Worship grant for repairs to the lower tower roof, nave and aisle roofs were completed. Further phases of repair to the upper tower have also been completed with funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund Grants for Places of Worship. However, the majority of the tower remains scaffolded as there are further phases of work still required. Funding is being sought.

Church of St Peter, St Peters Place, Brighton - Brighton and Hove, City of (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST PETER (BRIGHTON PARISH CHURCH)
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1380903
    Local Planning Authority:
    Brighton and Hove, City of (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Peter
    Street Name:
    St Peters Place
    Locality:
    Brighton
    Unitary Authority:
    Brighton and Hove, City of (UA)
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Brighton, Pavilion
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    A
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*, CA