Church of St Helen, Biscathorpe, Gayton Le Wold - East Lindsey

Small rural parish church of 1847 by WA Nicholson of Lincoln in a Gothic style. Lined stucco render with ashlar dressings and a slated roof. There is localised render failure and broken glass. Localised slate roof defects are evident, and there is evidence of water ingress through the tower and nave roofs. Isolated iron cramp damage. The church is presently disused.

Church of St Helen, Biscathorpe, Gayton Le Wold - East Lindsey
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Church of St Helen
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1168152
    Local Planning Authority:
    East Lindsey
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Helen
    Locality:
    Biscathorpe
    County:
    Lincolnshire
    District / Borough:
    East Lindsey
    Parish:
    Gayton Le Wold
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Louth and Horncastle
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*